Dairy products are full of essentials, minerals, vitamins including protein, fats, calcium, potassium, carbohydrates, phosphorous etc. Dairy products are very much essential for all the people across thew ages. There are various types of dairy products which includes butter, cheese, milk, frozen desserts, milk powder, yogurt, whey.
Some of the main benefits of having dairy products daily are as follows:
- Dairy products make our digestive habit better.
- Dairy products make our bones stronger and can decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
- Dairy products like milk, reduced the risk of cavities.
- A protein found in milk helps to build muscle mass as milk contains high proteins.
- Consuming of milk on a daily basis may reduce the risks of heart diseases.
FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) License is necessary for any food products available for sale in the market. Now a days in India the purchaser has become health conscious and is very much concerned if they are buying good quality of dairy products. So, with the increasing of awareness among the people of India they like to buy approved FSSAI dairy products.
One should need FSSAI license for selling dairy products in India to process hygiene criteria, and to ensure that the food products are safe. It is mandatory to maintain hygiene practice in the whole process of dairy production by the food business operator from selling to the market to manufacturing the products. Dairy products should possess a chemical analysis and microbiological analysis that falls under the rules as well as regulations given by the FSSAI.
The following categories to be tested mentioned by the FSSAI departments for the dairy products are:
- The cream must be pasteurised.
- Milk should be pasteurised/flavoured/boiled.
- Condensed milk must be in sweetened form.
- Milk must be sterilised/UHT milk/Evaporated milk.
- Fermented milk products.
- All cheese products including cheddar/ cottage cheese/ fresh cheese should be in soft and in semi-soft condition.
According to the rules and regulations laid by the FSSAI milk and dairy products should have a proper labelling. The label should be in clear format so that the consumer can read it easily and it is very important as it contains all the information contained in the package. Besides, the label must contain important information like the name of product, manufacturing date, net weight, expiration date, batch number etc. laid by the FSSAI regulations.