FSSAI Registration is used for Food Safety and grant permission to any individual to carry on food business in any parts of India. To start any food business, one should register in FSSAI Portal and get the FSSAI license. The food license is specific to a particular location and also term bound.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), established in 2006, handles all the food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI License is mandatory for all the Food Business Operators. Though headquarters at New Delhi, FSSAI authority has six regional offices one of which is in Kolkata. The following structures are incorporated under the act:
- Food Manufactures
- Online food sellers
- Hotel caterers
- Food packaging and cold storage units
- Wholesale food sellers.
The FSSAI License number is a 14-digit number. Business fails to print license number on packages needs to bear heavy penalties. To apply for FSSAI, one should follow the rules made by state licensing authority. Then it shall be accompanied by a self-attested declaration. After that there will be through inspection and later license shall be issued after two months. Now, if any operator is applying for the renewal of the license, have to apply prior to 30days of the expiry date of the license.
The FSSAI act helps all the consumers, local authorities, small businesses to get all the reliable information about food safety across the country. They are providing three types of licenses based on the business turnover:
- Central FSSAI License for business turnover more than 20 crores- Form B.
- State FSSAI License for business turnover between 12 lakhs to 20 crores-Form b.
- FSSAI registration for business turnover up to 12 lakhs- Form A basic license.
The documents required for the registration of the FSSAI License are:
- The Food Business Operator’s photograph.
- Identity Proof documents like Ration card, Voter ID card, PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving License, Passport, Senior Citizen card etc.
- Partnership Deed/ Memorandum of Association.
- Planned Products list.
- Raw materials source.
- Food safety management system plan.
- NOC by the Municipality/ Panchayat, Health’
- Test reports of water.
- List of the equipment.
- List of the Partners and directors.
- The Form ix.
- Import and Export codes.
- Layout plan of the proposed location.
FSSAI is responsible for the protection of public health through the supervision, rules and regulations of food safety. There are many advantages for obtaining the FSSAI License once.