For anyone who wishes to conduct a food business involving the manufacture, distribution, transport, etc. of food items. Opening food business in Kerala is very profitable because of so many tourists visiting it and now that it promotes the idea of eco-tourism that every millennial wants to be part of, Kerela food market is an advantage for your Business.
FSSAI ONLINE Food License registration in Kerela is mandatory. But when you apply for an FSSAI food license, this could become a little better. Before starting any food business in Kerela, FSSAI registration is mandatory. As a Food Business Operator, one attempts to preserve food quality standards and ensure that every consumer is satisfied and eats healthy food. FSSAI plays a key role here in formulating the control by eliminating the damaging and harmful elements that might be there
There are three types of Food license FBOs can apply for in Kerela. please choose wisely according to the category you fall in –
- The FSSAI Central License-This license is intended for the Food Business Operator (FBO) with an annual turnover of 20 crores or more.
- The FSSAI State License-This License is for the Food Business Operator (FBO) who has a turnover of more than 12 Lakhs per year and less than 20 crores. These FBO’s are mainly major producers operating in more than one state. All middle-scale distributors that prefer to work with a single state fall into this group.
- FSSAI Basic Registration – This is for an annual Food Business Operator (FBO) with a turnover not exceeding 12 Lakhs. This is desired by all small-scale dealers, retailers, marketers and food manufacturers.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration in Kerela are mentioned below-
- Declaration Form stating everything mentioned is true.
- Copy of Property paper (In case property owned).
- Copy of Rent Agreement (In case property rented).
- Copy of identity proof of the proprietor or director of the company (Aadhar Card, Voter Id).
- Self-Declared copy of Food Management System Plan or certificate.
- Authority Letter.
- Copy of the electricity or water bill of the business place.
- Form IX, Nomination of persons by a company along with the board resolution
Some Additional Documents for Manufacturer of Kerela
- Blue Print of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and machinery
- List of food categories desired to be Manufactured
- Pesticide residue report of Water
Steps to Apply FSSAI Food License in Kerela are –
- Login to https:/foodlicensing.org/ and fill out all the details in the application form A, details such as your phone number, your address, your business form, etc. are required.
- For your FSSAI food license registration, make an online payment. File type B is now shown after payment. Fill out each and every sentence carefully.
- Conduct the application of the Will Procedure on the government portal, i.e. For information, follow up with the government department. They will email your request for editing. A maximum of 15 days shall be given for the re-submission after which the application is denied.
- You will obtain your FSSAI food certificate at your post within 20-25 days after your application is checked.