FSSAI Registration is used for Food safety and grant permission to any individual to carry on food business in any parts of India. To start any food business in Delhi, one should register in FSSAI Portal and get the FSSAI license. The food license is specific to a particular location and also term bound.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), established in 2006, handles all the food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI License is mandatory for all the Food Business Operators. Though headquarters at New Delhi, FSSAI authority has six regional offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Cochin, Mumbai. The following structures are incorporated under the act:
- Food Manufactures
- Online food sellers
- Hotel caterers
- Food packaging and cold storage units
- Wholesale food sellers.
The FSSAI License number is a 14-digit number. Business fails to print license number on packages needs to bear heavy penalties. To apply for FSSAI License in Delhi one should follow the rules made by state licensing authority. Then it shall be accompanied by a self-attested declaration. After that there will be through inspection and later license shall be issued after two months. Now, if any operator is applying for the renewal of the license, have to apply prior to 30days of the expiry date of the license.
Any permanent or temporary eating house selling foods in Delhi must have a FSSAI done. For opening a food business in Delhi or any parts of India the FSSAI have made some compulsory rules and regulations and they are:
- Must have a FSSAI logo along with its license.
- Vegetarian/non- vegetarian mark
- Nutritional value.
- Hall Mark.
- Name of the product’s ingredients.
- Expiration as well as manufacturing dates of the product
The FSSAI gives three types of License:
- Basic FSSAI License provides license to the business with an annual income of Rs. 12 lakhs.
- Central FSSAI License provides license to the business with an annual income of more than Rs. 12 lakhs to Rs. 20 crores.
- State FSSAI License provides license to business with an annual income of more than Rs. 20 crores.
There are certain responsibilities as well roles of the FSSAI and they are:
- To ensure the food that is manufacturing, processing, selling, and importing must be of good quality, safe.
- To check if the food additives, heavy metals, pesticide residues etc. must use in a limited manner.
- To check if the exchange of information and the sampling analyses are happening in a proper way among the authorities.