FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) established in the year 2006, handles all the food-related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI License is mandatory for all Food Business Operators. Though headquarters at New Delhi, the FSSAI authority has six regional offices situated in Guwahati, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and Cochin. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an independent body formed under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare under the Government of India. Moreover, there are two types of FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) license are present in India: one is Central FSSAI license and the other one is State FSSAI license.
The FSSAI License number is a 14-digit number and it takes almost two months for the application of Food License and also to get a license. One of the best parts of making a food license presently is that the applicants who are willing to get the license for starting their businesses can apply it online by sitting at the comfort of their home and need not to travel much.
Food business operators can get legal benefits, build goodwill, create consumer awareness and expand their business by acquiring food license. It will also help to store as well as to distribute any kinds of food.
The fees required for food license registration in India are the following:
- Food license fees for a hotel that is 4 stars is Rs. 5000.
- If a manufacturer and miller produce 501- 2500 MT of milk solids yearly, has up to 10,001- 50,000 LPD of milk will have to pay a total ofRs. 5000 fees for food license.
- For food business vendors and for other food business operators which includes restaurants, clubs, etc. which serves food must have the food license which requires a fee of Rs. 2000.
- The cost of the renewal of food license vary upon the number of years selected by the FBO in India.
- The food license fees are Rs. 2000 for FBO in India that serves food which incudes in canteens, schools, institutions, offices, banquet halls etc. having food catering arrangements.
- In case of issuing a duplicate food license in India the cost will be around 10% of the applicable license fees.
- The cost for new food license for central is Rs. 7500.
- For the improvement of the food license the fees are Rs. 7500.
The applicants willing to apply for food license have to pay approximately a fee of Rs. 300 after the submission of all the details and documents required. Just in case, if any error on the forms or any sorts of misrepresented information is found in the application, then the application will be cancelled. The procedure of getting a food license done takes almost 30-90 days to complete.