Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) has made it necessary for every business, enterprise, start-up dealing with food to apply for FSSAI food license. This is because FSSAI food license registration makes sure of the safety of public health by verifying every food product supplied or manufactured by numerous institutions running in India. FSSAI food license registration is a certificate issued for food safety by the Indian government under the Food Safety and Standard Act in 2006. Obtaining FSSAI food license registration before starting. Registering for an FSSAI food license is obligatory before starting any trading, manufacturing, restaurants or any other operation including food. FBOs must attain a 14-digit license number which will be printed on their food products.
Who all require FSSAI food license? Who all have to apply FSSAi food license registration? For whom it is significant to achieve a food license in India?
Given below individuals or institutions should definitely obtain FSSAI food license Registration or License according to the turnover they are procuring annually –
- Every manufacture whose end product is related to some food or beverage
- People/institutions who package or repackage food
- People/institutions invested in storing food
- FBO working with wholesale food items.
- Food traders
- Online market /people/institutions selling food
- People /institutions supplying Raw food material or catering food.
- People/intuitions exporting and Importing food
- People /Institution distributing and Transporting food.
- People? Institutions retailing food products.
If you find yourself eligible to apply FSSAi food license registration then you must make sure of the type of FSSAi food License you fall in. Read below to find out –
- FSSAI Basic Registration: This form of registration is compulsory for operators of small food businesses. It is also referred to as the FSSAI License Basic. It is for a company whose turnover does not surpass the Rs. 12 lac per annum cap. The petty traders, itinerant sellers, hawkers, or temporary stallholders are almost the people who fall under this group.
- State FSSAI License: For the food industry with annual turnover between Rs. 12 Lac-Rs. 20 Crore in addition or per annum, this license is compulsory. For an FSSAI State Manufacturing License or FSSAI State Trading License, the turnover cap is the same.
- Central FSSAI license: For a food company whose annual turnover is above Rs. 20 Crore, the central FSSAI license is mandatory in the case of trading or manufacturing or storage above certain limits as defined by the laws.
The application processing/registration fee for FSSAI Food license / Food license-
Fess for Basic License Registration is ₹100 for a year. Whereas for State License the fee ranges from ₹2000 to ₹5000 for the validity of a year again. The fee for FSAI Central License is fixed at ₹7500 for a year.