The full form of IEC is Importer- Exporter Code. IEC is regarded as a key business identification number that is compulsory for the purpose of export from India as well for the purpose of import to India. Without having an IEC no export as well as import must be made by any person.It is not a hard process but an easy process to obtain IEC Code from the DGFT within a time span of 10-15 days after the submission of the application. After the IEC Code is obtained, the code is used for the purpose of import as well as export.The validity of IEC Code remains for its lifetime unless and until one’s cancelled it.
The Procedures to apply IEC Code Registration are as follows:
- Firstly, the applicant must go to the DGFT Website dgft.gov.in then the applicant will show a welcomed home page and here the applicant will see on the screen the updates as well as latest notification.
- Next, the applicant must go on services tab where the applicant must click on the service tab and then the applicant has to click on the Online IEC Application. After, the applicant clicks the button of online IEC application then the following page will show.
- Next, the applicant must enter his/her PAN Number in text box. Then he/she will click on the search button where it will show the full page.
- In the next step the applicant should enter the basic details such as name, date of birth, and must fill captcha code. The applicant must enter their name as maintained on their PAN Card. Next, he/she must click on the submit button.
- In the fifth stage, the applicant should enter their mobile number, email id, captcha code on the box, click on the OTP Generate button and then he/she will receive an OTP number on their both respective mobile number as well as email id.
- In this step, the applicant must fill and update application entity details.
- Next, the applicant must add details of their branch within a time span of 15 minutes.
- Next, the applicant should fill as well as update the Director/Partner details.
- In this step, the applicant must click on step 4 for uploading the desired documents needed such as address proof, cancelled cheque/ certificate from the banks. Must pick the documents type such as PDF or JPEG.
- In this step, the applicant must pay their fee Rs. 500/- for the application of IEC Code Registration through online payment mode like Debit/ Credit Card, Net Banking.
- In this step, the applicant must preview and print the application.
- Finally, the applicant must do the final submission and after that a new page will open that will have a submit and generate IEC Certificate.