FSSAI License is important to get renewed before the validity gets expired. If one is not able to do the same, he/she has to apply for a new license otherwise. The Following FBO require License renewal after the validity expires.
- Food Chains
- Food sellers and Resellers
- Dairy and Dairy Processing
- Food Importers and Exporters etc.
Only after FSSAI approves the food license, it is normally issued with a one- to five-year validity period. According to date of issue of the registration or license guided to the enclosure of the fee payable at the time and agreement with all requirements of the license, as decided by the FBO.
Types of FSSAI Food License Renewal-
- The FSSAI Central License Renewal – This License is meant for Food Business Organization (FBO) which have a turnover of 20 crores or more annually. These FBO’s are mostly large manufacturers working in more than one state.
- The FSSAI State License Renewal – This License is for Food Business Organization (FBO) who have a
turnover of more than 12 Lakhs annually and less than 20 crores. All middle-scale retailers fall in this category who tend to deal with a single state.
- The FSSAI Basic Registration Renewal – This is for Food Business Organization (FBO) who have a turnover of not more than 12 Lakhs annually. All small-scale distributors, retailers, marketers and food manufacturers apply for this.
Benefits of FSSAI Food License Renewal
FSSAI License renewal would help them gain and keep trust over the consumer. People would have a clear image in their mind that the product is safe for consumption.
The food products are according to FSSAI standards indicating major aspects of hygiene and cleanliness and therefore won’t create any harm to the consumer’s health.
FSSAI logo is universally recognized and assures goodwill.
FSSAI food license registration renewal creates huge opportunity to increase and grow internationally.
Documents required for FSSAI Food License Renewal –
- Identity related documents
- Two passport size Photographs
- ID Proof which includes Pan card, Driving License, Voter Id Card, Passport, Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Documents related to FBO Property-
- Address Proof
- Papers of the property or rent agreement in other cases.
- Documents related to FBO
- Form A /Form B
- NOC issued by Municipality/ Panchayat / health department etc
- Layout plan of the food processing unit
- A cancelled cheaque
- Documents related to Partnership/Different Directors
List of all the members (whether Partner /Director/ Proprietors etc)
- Every member’s ID proof
- Address Proof of every member
- Partnership Deed/MOA/AOA
- Form IX nomination of persons by the company along with board resolutions.
- Documents for Manufacturer
- Authority letter drafted by manufacture
List of Food Category
- Name and amount of equipment’s installed list by manufacturing and processing unit
- Documents for Central FSSAI Food License Renewal
- Electricity bill, sale deed etc
- Ministry of commerce certificate
- EC documents issued by DGFT
- Supporting documentary for proof of turnover
- Analysis report of water to be used in the food